Sencondary School中學教材Amazing Chinese / 中文真棒Catalogue Download 目錄下載
《中文真棒》是一套專為國際學校中文課程所設計的教材，旨在幫助母語非漢語的中學生奠定學習基礎。全套教材共有六冊，每冊皆包含課本、練習本，教學指導手冊及教學PPT。單元主軸或各課教學目標，參照IGCSE 教學大綱的主題範疇為主體框架，並采用IB 教學理念來編寫內容，同時參酌部分AP 中文教學準則，希冀符合不同語言文化的教學型態。詞彙及用語安排以HSK 的等級為編輯依據，亦參考部分TOCFL 的用詞用語。
本書內容包括“課文”和“對話”兩大學習區塊，並安排“課文理解”、“語言點練習”、“對話練習”、“聽力練習”、“漢字練習”和“任務活動”等六個語言練習的內容，另外視需要加入文化(Culture note) 及語言知識(Language note) 補充。而課前的“學習目標”與課末的“你會了嗎”(Checklist)，則提供學生自我檢核是否學會重要詞彙及溝通內容。本書設計了大量且多樣的課堂任務活動，透過兩人或小組的互動學習，更能提升語言練習效果。Challenge則提供差異化教學選擇，可視學生狀況彈性運用。
The "Amazing Chinese" series is a set of teaching materials specifically designed for a Chinese language course within international schools. The teaching materials aim to support and establish the learning foundations of secondary school students who are non-native Chinese speakers.
The series have six levels. Each level contains a textbook, a workbook and a teacher’s book. The IGCSE subject categories provide the main framework for each unit's main scheme or each lesson's learning objectives. The IB teaching philosophy is adopted when writing the contents, and some of the AP teaching criteria are considered to keep in line with the teaching styles of different language cultures. The vocabulary and sentences or sentence patterns are arranged and compiled based on the HSK levels, with some references from the TOCFL.
The teaching materials primarily merge the Chinese and Western language communicative patterns in the lesson text and learning activities. In the culture and social contact, traditional and modern behaviours and habits permeate through. The whole objective is to evoke international students' interest, love and effective mastering of the Chinese language.
Contents of the Teaching Materials
Book one consists of four learning units. Each unit has three lessons which totals up to twelve lessons for the entire book. Upon completion of the learning of this textbook, students can achieve a language standard that is equivalent of the HSK1 level. It is recommended that for each lesson, the teaching hours should be between six and eight hours. The teacher may exercise flexibility in adjusting the teaching hours depending on the students’ backgrounds and learning situations.
"Text" and "Dialogue" form the two main learning sections in this book. There are six language practice parts, which include "Reading comprehension", "Key language practice", "Dialogue practice", "Listening practice", "Character practice" and "Activity". Supplementary information like "Culture note" and "Language note" are made available wherever relevant. Furthermore, the before lesson "Learning goals" explanation and end of lesson "Checklist" , provide students the opportunity to self-check if they have understood the important vocabulary and the communication content.
A large variety of classroom activities ("Task") are designed to further enhance the effectiveness of language practice through pair work or small group interactive learning. "Challenge" provides the option of differentiated teaching which teachers may use flexibly depending on the students’ situations.
- Chinese language teaching materials specifically written for non-native Chinese speaking secondary school students by frontline international and mainstream school teachers.
- Conforms to IGCSE themes, IB foreign language curriculum’s core concept and 5C standard.
- Vocabulary, sentences and sentence patterns are based on HSK and IGCSE.
- Speaking, listening, reading and writing activities are systematically incorporated to foster students’ cross-cultural communicative skills, enhancing their literacy and learning achievements.
- Thematic task-based activities to cultivate students’ independent and collaborative learning skills.
- Differentiated classroom learning activities to consolidate students’ intrinsic learning motivation and cognitive skills.
- Authentic language environment and contexts to encourage students’ practical application of their foreign language skills.
Amazing Chinese is written for students who learn Chinese as a second or additional language in secondary school. Students will develop their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills through activities and exercises that are essential and interesting.
Inside the workbook, each lesson includes lesson exercises, unit reviews and character writing exercises.
- A diversity of reading, writing, listening and speaking practice to achieve the goals of comprehension and communication.
- Practical application of the language is strengthened through real-life authentic language use situations.
- Differentiated practice catering to students of varied abilities.
- The unit key points are organised in picture form to effectively assist with student memorisation and integration.
- Scan for instant listening practice and review at anytime and anywhere.
The teacher's book provides supplementary materials for class preparation and teaching. Each lesson consists of four parts: a summary chart, teaching activities, workbook answer key, and activity sheets.
The summary chart aggregates the teaching goal and learning contents. The teaching activities are provided correspondingly to these learning sections: text (warm-up), activities for new words, comprehension activities, key language activities, dialogue practice, listening practice activities (with scripts), Chinese character teaching activities and task activities. In addition, there are answer key with major explanations for the workbook. Each lesson's activity sheets come with suggestions for differentiated instruction as options for teachers.